This article shows you how to turn the punch hole camera you have on your Xiaomi Redmi 9T, Note 9, and 9 Pro into a virtual customizable notification light.
Whenever you receive a new notification on your Redmi 9T, Note 9, or 9 Pro, such as a missed call, an unread message, or social network notifications, you will see that cool-looking ring of light around the edges of your phone and your phone’s hole-punch camera cutout.
Without further ado, Let’s dive in.
How to Set up notification LED light on Xiaomi Redmi 9T, Note 9, and Note 9 Pro
You have two ways to set up the Redmi 9T, note 9 and 9 Pro. You either use the “Always on Edge” app or the “Holey Light” app. If the first does not work out, then the second should.
Step 1: Setting up notification on Redmi 9T, Note 9, and 9 Pro
Go to the Google Play Store and download the AOE “Always On Edge” app. The first app in the search result should be the actual app. Just press install. You can also go to the play store here.
Many of you, especially Samsung users, should be familiar with this app and what it does now since this app was made for Samsung phones at first. This app was initially created with the Samsung Galaxy S10 phones in 2019 when they came out. The developers of this app had to make it available for any phone as many phones began to adopt punch-hole camera designs.
After you’ve downloaded it and most likely installed it, open it and allow it permission to the appropriate requests that it will ask you for. It should then take you right to the home screen, where you should see an interface that looks like the first column in the picture below.
Tap the first option on the app’s homepage that says “Main Settings,” It should take you to a page you will find many other settings. You can check and uncheck anyone you like or dislike, but I recommend you leave the settings the way they are in the first column of the screenshots below and make sure you save the settings. If you can’t see the images correctly, you can decide to zoom in.
Return to the app’s homepage and click the next option, “App Settings,” and you should be sent to a new screen that looks like the second column in the image above.
You can take your time and scroll through the page, removing and enabling the settings as you see fit, because believe me, this is a long page.
But, for those who think the procedure is too complex and the app settings are too overwhelming and sophisticated for them to handle, you can choose your selections the same way they were set for you in the screenshot above.
Finally, remember to save your settings when you’re finished.
Return to the app’s home screen and select the following configuration option, “Lighting Settings,” where things become very interesting and creative.
I mentioned “creative” because you can set and modify how the ring of light surrounding your phone’s hole-punch camera cutout looks and feels on this page. This means you can choose how you want the notification LED lights to look, the colors, and the kind of effects you’d love.
However, some fundamental concepts to understand and guidelines to follow before you begin to be creative. Consider the following:
- To begin, you’ll need to tell the software what kind of hole punch camera design your phone has, which you can accomplish by setting the “Enable Notch Support” option and selecting “Adjust Manually.“
- Choose “O” for “Notch Type.” Then, using the “Notch Height” slider below, you may customize how big or little you want the camera ring light to be.
- Scroll down to the “Notch Placement” portion of the page and make sure it’s set to “Around Notch Only.”
- After that, you’ll need to inform the app where the hole punch camera cutout is positioned on your phone’s screen.
- You can do so by selecting one of three options: “Right, Left, or Center.” They should be visible in the app.
- The light ring would not immediately move to the left if you chose “Left,” which is presumably what you’ll do because that’s where the Pixel 4a and 5’s are. You’ll still have to tweak it to make sure it’s aligned with the hole punch camera cutout on the phone.
- To do so, utilize the slider labeled “Top (set 0 if not hole)” to shift the light ring higher or downwards, as well as a fourth option that is unlabeled but placed immediately below those three that allows you to determine the position of the hole punch camera cutout. You may move the light ring left or right with this one.
- You can choose to set both “Notch Width” and “Curve Radius” to zero because they have no effect at this stage.
- After you’ve double-checked that the light ring is fitted correctly to your Google Pixel 4a and Pixel 5 camera cutout and is the right size, you can start personalizing things the way you want them to be.
- You have complete control over the Edge Style, color, lighting mode, and lighting effect. So personalize everything to your liking, and don’t forget to save your changes.
Press on the eye icon situated somewhere around the right border of your phone’s screen to preview your settings as you go.
When you’ve finished previewing your configuration and are happy with the results thus far, you can save it. You should see your personalized hole punch-inspired notifications light up the next time you get a notification.
Additional Features of the Redmi Note 9, 9T, and 9 Pro notification LED Lights.
Apart from setting up personalized hole punch notifications LED for your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9, 9T, and 9 Pro mobile devices, this software also features a beautiful collection of live animation wallpapers. Still, you’ll need to upgrade to the premium version to see them.
However, you can still take a look at them before choosing whether or not they’re worth your money. To do so, return to the app’s home screen and tap on the “Animated Wallpapers” icon at the very top of it. You should see a preview of all the animated wallpapers available in the app from there.
This app can also get the job done, but you don’t have many options and settings. At the time of writing, the app has a 3.9 / 5.0 on Google, but I have tried it, and it works just fine for me. To integrate the notification LED light using this app, follow these steps;
- Step 1: Visit the Google Play store and search for “Holey Light”. You can visit the app here.
- Step 2: Install the app and grant it access to all requested app usage.
- Step 3: Turn the Holey Light app on
- Step 4: You can begin setting the app to your taste at this point. Available settings include show notification light while charging, screen off, when picked up on lock screen, after unlock, and on timeout. You can turn on or off any settings anytime.
- Step 5: Select the LED colors you want.
- And that’s all you have to do. The app should start working its magic at this moment.