Last updated: October 17, 2020
This Cookies Policy explains what Cookies are and how We use them. You should read this policy so You can understand what type of cookies We use, or the information We collect using Cookies and how that information is used. This Cookies Policy has been created with the help of the Cookies Policy Generator.
We do not store sensitive personal information, such as mailing addresses, account passwords, etc. in the Cookies We use.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of this Cookies Policy:
- Cookiesmeans small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Websiterefers to Vic’s guide, accessible from http://vicsguide.com
- Youmeans the individual accessing or using the Website, or a company, or any legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Website, as applicable.
The use of the Cookies
Type of Cookies We Use
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Analytical Performance and Measurement Cookies
Analytical performance cookies are used to monitor the performance of our Services, for example, to determine the number of pageviews and the number of unique users a website has. Web analytics services may be designed and operated by third parties. The information provided by these cookies allows us to analyse patterns of user behaviour and we use that information to enhance user experience or identify areas of the website which may require maintenance. The information is anonymous (i.e. it cannot be used to identify you and does not contain personal information such as your name and email address) and it is only used for statistical purposes
Targeting or ‘Behavioural Advertising’ Cookies
These cookies, which may be placed on your device by us or our trusted third party service providers, remember that you have visited a website and use that information to provide you with content or advertising which is tailored to your interests. This is often called online behavioural advertising (OBA) and is done by grouping together shared interests based upon web browsing history. Your web browsing history can be used to infer things about you (e.g. your age, gender etc.), and this information may also be used to make advertising on websites more relevant to you. Without these cookies, content and advertisements you encounter may be less relevant to you and your interests. If you would like more information about OBA, including how to opt-out of these cookies, please visit: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ or scroll down to: How can users manage or opt out
Essential and Functional Cookies
We use these cookies to enable certain online functionality including:
- access your information so we can provide you with customised content and experiences, or remember the last page you visited on the Services;
- identify returning users, registrants and subscribers and allow them to be presented with a personalised version of the site;
- eliminating the need for returning users to re-enter their login details;
- commenting on our sites;
- maintain your settings and authenticate your identity while you are logged in to the Services;
- to support security measures and to assist in identifying possible fraudulent or abusive activities.
If you object to the use of essential and functional cookies please scroll down to: How can users manage or opt out of cookies?
Analytical Performance and Measurement Cookies
We use these cookies to measure users’ behaviour to better develop our Services. By using analytics services provided by third parties such as Google Analytics and ComScore, we can analyse and measure which pages are viewed and how long for and which links are followed, and we can use this information to provide more content which is of interest. We also use this analysis to report on our performance and to sell advertising.
If you object to the use of analytical performance and measurement cookies please see here: Your choices regarding cookies
Targeting and Behavioural Advertising Cookies
We use these cookies to:
- manage eCommerce activities via affiliate links and associated revenue share arrangements;
- measure general user behaviour across our sites and third-party sites to build a profile based on users browsing patterns so that we and third parties can target advertising to users that will be more relevant to users’ interests. This means that if, for example, users visit a page with a review about a particular phone then the cookie will collect this information and we may target adverts for that phone to those users and, if users visit third party sites that are part of the same advertising network, those third parties may target adverts for that phone to those users;
- to create profiles that trusted third parties can buy to allow them to better target their advertising with more relevant content; and
- keep track of the number of users who saw a particular ad or visited a particular page of one of our websites, analyse the effectiveness of our ads, and provide auditing, research and reporting for advertisers.
The trusted partners we work with in relation to targeting and behavioural advertising include third-party ad servers, ad agencies, technology vendors, providers of advertisement content, research firms and other companies that help us provide more effective advertising and offer you a more personalised experience. As your browser, app or device communicates with the third party’s servers, these companies can collect information, including your IP address, page header information, browser or device information, just as if you had requested their web page or used their apps directly.
We cannot control nor do we have access to any cookies placed on your computer by third party advertisers and sponsors.
For more detailed information about the third parties who we work with on targeting and behavioural advertising, please click here.
If you object to the use of targeting and behavioural advertising cookies please scroll down to: Your choices regarding cookies
Other Third Party Cookies
You may notice on some pages of our websites that cookies have been set that are not related to Vicsguide. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Facebook, these third-party service providers may set their own cookies on your device. Vic’s guide does not control the use of these third-party cookies and cannot access them due to the way that cookies work, as cookies can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. Please check the third-party websites for more information about these cookies.
Your Choices Regarding Cookies
If You do not accept Our Cookies, You may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Website and some features may not function properly.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
More Information about Cookies
You can learn more about cookies: All About Cookies.
If you have any questions about this Cookies Policy, You can contact us: